The St. John Chamber of Commerce will be awarding four $1,000 Merit Scholarships this year. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior living within the town limits of St. John and will be enrolled at an accredited college or university. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, academic ability, and commitment to community service and involvement. Click HERE to download the application.
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny
Saturday, March 21st @ the St. John VFW Hall
Tickets $7.00 per person, children under 1 year are free
Watch here for ticket sale information coming soon!
TEN REASONS TO SHOP LOCAL
2. You embrace what makes us unique. You wouldn't want your house to look like everyone else's in the U.S., so why would you want your community to look that way?
3. You create local jobs. Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
4. You help the environment. Buying from a local business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation, less packaging, and products that you know are safe and well
5. You nurture community. We know you, and you know us. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
6. You conserve your tax dollars. shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify our community. Also, spending locally instead of online ensures that your sales taxes
7. You create more choice. Merchants pick the items they sell based on what they know you'll like and want. Local businesses carry a wider array
8. You take advantage of our expertise. You are our neighbors and friends, and we have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. We're passionate about what we do. Why not take advantage of it?
9. You invest in entrepreneurship. Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.
10. You made us a destination. the more interesting and unique we are as a community,